Harlow Lashes Airbrush Tan offers a luxury tanning solution that will bring your glow to new levels!! With that being said, it is extremely important to follow these strict prep instructions along with the home care instructions to ensure proper outcome and longest wear of your freshly applied spray tan. If you do not follow these instructions, be prepared for a horrible outcome. I do not guarantee a normal proper outcome if you went into a tanning bed in within the last 14 days, have been to the beach getting sunburned, shaved your legs the day of, showered 5 min before, put lotion on the morning of, and are going to get a pedicure or manicure within the first 10 days of getting your spray tan. Proper prep and aftercare is number 1!!! Get my drift?
1) Wash, Exfoliate, and shave the night before your spray tan.
2) Moisturize heavily the night before.
3) The day of your spray tan do a light rinse in the shower. Do not use a body wash, do not shave, and do not use body lotion.
4) Do not wear perfume or deodorant to your appointment.
5) Make sure to have hair up or bring a hair tie.
6) Wear loose clothing to your appointment.
7) If you are under 18, you must wear either dark undergarments or a bathing suit.
Your spray tan will now begin developing within 2-4 hours if you went with the rapid tan and 6 to 8 hours if you went with the original tan.
1) Do not do any of these right after your spray tan
go to the gym
get into a hot tub
take a bath
wash dishes (lets just avoid water period-pass that chore on to someone else while your tan develops) ;)
2) Wait the amount of time given by your spray tan artist to do your first rinse. This is just a rinse. Do not use a body wash at this time. Pat dry when finished.
3) Do not use a body lotion after your first rinse.
4) 24 hours following your first rinse is the time you will want to shower. This is the time when you can use a non drying body wash. Do not use Dove products. This will strip your tan. Do not use any exfoliating body wash. Hydration is key for when selecting a body wash while having a spray tan. Pat dry when finished.
5) Moisturize morning and night with a moisturizer without alcohol. I offer Hempz body lotion and it is amazing for after care!
6) Do not get a pedicure or manicure within the first 10 days of getting your spray tan.
7) Stay hydrated with a lot of water and try your best to avoid caffeine. Caffeine dehydrates the skin faster than you think.